|DeliPlayer 2 - introduction:|
|DeliPlayer 2 is the second generation of a media player having it's roots in DeliTracker, the famous Amiga module player which supports numerous module formats. DeliPlayer grew far out of the scope of just being a mod player, but it is in fact the most sophisticated mod player available these days, with high replay quality and the most powerfull and flexible playlist of all known media players. It plays nearly all modules which we have online, and is the only player which supports the full functionality of our Music and Radio sections.|
|DeliPlayer 2 - requirements:|
A soundcard, min. a Pentium class 200 MHz CPU and 64MB RAM, better a 800MHz CPU and 128MB RAM.
Windows 98, ME, NT 4, 2000 or XP.
Win98 users should upgrade their DCOM.
If you don't have it already, best install the tahoma font.
Internet Explorer version 4 (???) or above, more soon...
DeliPlayer 2 RC3 (RC = Release Candidate) or higher.
|DeliPlayer 2 - installation guide:|
|1) Download DeliPlayer 2.|
2) Uninstall any previous version of DeliPlayer 2, by running
Start >> Program files >> DeliPlayer 2 >> Uninstall. Best delete the DeliPlayer2 folder after.
3) Run 'dp2XXX.exe'. (where XXX is the release id, ie: rc3).
4) In the welcome window click 'Next'.
5) The next window asks registered users for the location of the key file, others just click 'Next'.
6) In the next window you need to activate 'I have read the license...', then click 'Next'.
7) The next window asks you for the program location, accept the template and click 'Next'.
8) In the next window you need to choose 'Complete installation', then click 'Next'.
9) The next window asks you for the outfit (skinning) to use. Windows beginners should
choose 'System style userinterface', then click 'Next'.
10) In the next window you see a summary of all your decisions click 'Finish'.
... installation now runs ...
11) In the next window disable 'View readme' and enable 'Start DeliPlayer', then click 'Close'.
... DeliPlayer now starts ...
12) In the 'DeliPlayer - Tip of the Day' window disable 'Show Tips on StartUp', then click 'Close'.
13) In the 'About DeliPlayer 2' window click 'OK'.
14) Right-click any DeliPlayer window, there click 'Config >> Server', there go to
'Core >> MIME-Types', and disable everything but enable 'audio/x-deliurl', click 'Save'.
15) In the same window go to 'Core >> Switches', and disable 'Display failure dialogs' and
enable 'Continue progress on failure', then click 'Save'.
16) In the same window go to 'Genies >> NetReader', and increase the number near
'Maximum size for file downloads' to 2048, then click 'Save'.
17) You best close DeliPlayer 2 by Right-clicking any DeliPlayer window and clicking 'Exit' there.
18) Restart your browser.
19) Come back and Test DeliPlayer 2.
|DeliPlayer 2 - tips and tricks:|
|If you surf the web through a proxy you have to configure DeliPlayer for this proxy too:|
Right-click any DeliPlayer window, there click 'Config >> Server', there go to 'Genies >> NetReader' and enable 'Use Proxy', then enter your proxy server and port below this switch.
|DeliPlayer 2 - known problems:|
|If you follow the above installation instruction all known problems should be phased out.|
The support for Mod-Radio has just been added to DeliPlayer 2. Big thanks for an excellent cooperation goes to the DeliTeam! The Mod-Radio project is still in public beta phase, so please don't abuse the developers of DeliPlayer for things that don't work as they should. Chances are big that it's our fault, so always report Mod-Radio related problems to us first.